Wrong File Name in Redirect

Discussion in 'Killing Floor 1 & 2' started by zNp, Oct 24, 2017.

  1. zNp

    zNp New Member

    Hey there.

    I have been using the KF1 redirect link for a while now, which is such a great and handy thing to have, by the way, and really, thanks for providing us with it, but after using it for a while I eventually noticed one small thing about one file.

    I installed some custom maps, checked that they were already present on http://www.skillzservers.com/kf-redirect/ and thought I was all good and set, everything seemed fine. Problem was, some time later I noticed one map not downloading fast, KF-WinLondon, after a lot of looking in the wrong places as to what was the problem, I finally noticed what was right under my nose: in the redirect the map is there, but with the wrong name, WinLondon.rom.uz2 (missing the KF- prefix). Obviously this is pretty pointless even being there, because KF won't even allow map files without KF- in front of them to be put into a map list, so I'm guessing someone messed up when uploading that one in there.

    Now, I'm sure I could easily be told to pay the $2 and upload the right one myself, but really, come on, it's literally a matter of correcting the name and adding the "KF-" to the file's name, which is otherwise not even serving any purpose there, would it be possible to have that tiny thing fixed, please?

    Either way, thanks in advance and thanks for the, again, very helpful service provided to the community.
     
  2. Skillz

    Skillz Administrator Staff Member

    I fixed it.

    That $2 goes towards the cost of running all this which isn't free to me, by the way.
     
  3. zNp

    zNp New Member

    You are right, and this wasn't me being unappreciative or "cheap", I still intend on shedding those 2 bucks to help out sometime next month or early December, when I can afford to, and after I've taken the time to gather up any and all the maps we'd need that aren't already present in there. I just figured it wouldn't hurt to try and point that out about that one specific file instead of having to remove it from our map list for a few weeks, seeing as it wasn't that it wasn't there, it was just missing the prefix, which made it useless.

    Anyway, again, thanks for taking the time to fix it.
     

Share This Page