Login |  Register |  FAQ |  Members |  Affiliates

Forum rules

Team Killing Floor

Post subject: Team Killing Floor
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:26 am 
{]TDN[} Member

Details as I come up with them;

Two teams
    Two identical maps (in a story mode layout.) [Teams can not see/effect each other]
    Points based (First to complete the map may not be the winner, winner is based on points earned)

+Score points for killing zeds (Different zeds have different points. IE: Fleshpound is worth way more points than a zed)
    +Bonus points for headshots
    +Completing the map
    +Entire team completing map
    +Healing teammates (Not sure this is fair, since technically a team that gets hurt more often will have a chance to heal more often, thus they'd have the ability to have a higher score than a team that's not getting harmed as much; but is the better team.)
    -For healing self (Its a team game. If there are more than one player per team, and no one has died, they should be pentalized for healing themselves.)
    -Team member dying
    -Team dying
    -Damage at end of map (Players better be healed when map is completed)
    -Finishing map last

Sudden Death Overtime regulations:
In the event of a Sudden Death OT. Both teams need to?

Not sure here.

Maybe load up a patty and whoever kills their patty first wins.
Let the players duel it out against one another. Team left wins. (Would be a huge disadvantage to berks)
Whoever completed map first is auto winner in event of tied points.

Post subject: Re: Team Killing Floor
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:24 pm 
{]TDN[} Member

Maps will need to be identical, an exact mirror image of one another. However, I'm not talking about two regular KF maps as the luck between getting different zeds is a randomized number. So it could be one game going on, in the same server with two teams, in two different maps and one side could get a better luck of the draw with either harder or easier zeds. Thus the maps need to be setup in a "story" mode setup, where the zeds do not spawn randomly, the mapper needs to specify what zeds spawn where. Alternatively, their needs to be some sort of way to increase zed count with player count.

I'm thinking something along the lines of having different types of spawn points. Level 1 spawn will spawn all zeds when their are only two or less players in the server. Level 2 spawn will spawn all level 1 spawns, plus an additional spawn of zeds for players 2 - 3. Level 3 spawn will spawn level 1 and level 2, plus an additional spawn of zeds for players 4 - 5. So on and so forth.

Not sure how to address uneven teams, since that could drastically effect the total possible score. IE: 11 players, 5 on one side and 6 on another means one side could have more zeds spawn potentially. Unless the levels above account for entire server population which would solve that issue since 11 players would fall in the 10 - 11 level. However there is one less chance a player could die and one less chance of a player finishing. I guess uneven teams has been part of multiplier gaming since 2+ players anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:27 pm 
{]TDN[} Member

Since it will be a campaign/story type setup there needs not be a trader. The mapper(s) will need to ensure there are enough weapons/ammo/armor to complete the map. Thus I'm not sure if we should have more weapons available in the map based on how many players are in the game.

My answer to that is yes. Simply because a single player can't play all perks, thus giving players an option to grab weapons needed to complete that stage in the map should be there no matter how many players join.

However, there should be "random" ammo spawns, but this randomness needs to reflect both side equally. IE: If an ammo spawns under a staircase on team A, then it needs to spawn an ammo under the same staircase for team B.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:52 am 
{]TDN[} Member

Not sure how you would go about doing this and also sure it won't be whitelisted so maybe rolling with all perks disabled would be the way to go there, as far as healing counting for points it should be ONLY if more than 3 people per team and with one on each team being a medic scaling down points per heal so it detracts points the more you have to heal this would balance out people taking advantage of a major points pad. Not sure about randomly spawning weapons throughout, maybe make it a static loadout based on which perk they choose to roll out with. IE, Sharpshooter gets xbow, Commando gets AK, etc... basically follow the basic spawn weapons for each perk @ lvl 6 with only ammo spawns and armor spawns during gameplay. If i think of anything else i'll throw it in.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:00 am 
{]TDN[} Member

Skillz wrote:
Not sure how to address uneven teams, since that could drastically effect the total possible score. IE: 11 players, 5 on one side and 6 on another means one side could have more zeds spawn potentially. Unless the levels above account for entire server population which would solve that issue since 11 players would fall in the 10 - 11 level. However there is one less chance a player could die and one less chance of a player finishing. I guess uneven teams has been part of multiplier gaming since 2+ players anyway.

Any luck of instituting a bot such as they had in UT, for a filler on uneven teams, since there isn't essentially any way to truly balance the teams anyways this might ensure some balance. Seeing as the game uses Unreal's engine it may not be hard to find where someone has created a bot for solo play.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:21 am 
{]TDN[} Member

TWI did away with the blacklists. All mods are either whitelisted or greylisted now. Meaning perks + progression for whitelist and perks + non progression for greylisted.

Pretty sure there is a bot mod already, but bots suck.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:58 am 
{]TDN[} Member

Yeah bots will always suck, but it is an option to throw in for even teams even if it is a slight handicap. Might add some flavor to it, you know a bragging point, we beat you even with a bot on our team. Just an idea tho, because if you go point for point with a team that is smaller, they have less zeds on the smaller team therefore there is less points available for that team, unless you set the spawn for the larger team size, then it will still be unbalanced for the smaller team having to kill more zeds than the larger team person for person. Having the bot there would sort of balance that even if the medic spent the majority of his/her time keeping the stupid AI alive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:58 pm 
{]TDN[} Member

Beast wrote:
Yeah bots will always suck, but it is an option to throw in for even teams even if it is a slight handicap. Might add some flavor to it, you know a bragging point, we beat you even with a bot on our team. Just an idea tho, because if you go point for point with a team that is smaller, they have less zeds on the smaller team therefore there is less points available for that team, unless you set the spawn for the larger team size, then it will still be unbalanced for the smaller team having to kill more zeds than the larger team person for person. Having the bot there would sort of balance that even if the medic spent the majority of his/her time keeping the stupid AI alive.

Yeah giving it the option will be doable, but I gotta look more into that more. See how the other author added bots to the game. I might be able to do it easier/better since custom maps will need to be developed it will give the option for mappers to make specific bot paths for the bots to make them somewhat intelligent.

As for the healing thing, I don't think I am going to reward points based on healing points but rather remove points based on lack of health at the end of the map/level. So if you finish the game and you are low on health, you'll get negative points added to your score kind of thing.

I also got the go ahead to look at some code where a similar game type has been done. Back in my UT days, one of my friends, TimmyPowerGamer developed a mod called Team Monster Hunt for the Monster Hunt gametype for Unreal Tournament. It's basically what I am doing with this. Almost the exact same concept.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:27 pm 
{]TDN[} Member

Skillz wrote:
As for the healing thing, I don't think I am going to reward points based on healing points but rather remove points based on lack of health at the end of the map/level. So if you finish the game and you are low on health, you'll get negative points added to your score kind of thing.

I also got the go ahead to look at some code where a similar game type has been done. Back in my UT days, one of my friends, TimmyPowerGamer developed a mod called Team Monster Hunt for the Monster Hunt gametype for Unreal Tournament. It's basically what I am doing with this. Almost the exact same concept.

Nice the idea for how healing will affect gameplay is a good one, and looking forward to testing the beta when you get it nailed down :naughty:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:35 pm 
{]TDN[} Member

Don't get too excited anytime soon, this is an extensive mod. :o